* ½ cup sesame oil, divided
* 1 kilo shrimp, large, de-veined
* 10 cloves garlic, chopped
* 5 (2-inches) ginger, sliced thinly
* ½ cup light soy sauce
* ½ cup white rice wine
* 2 tbsp sugar
* 2 cups thai basil, fresh
* rice or rice noodles (to serve)
1) Heat ¼ cup sesame oil in a large wok. Stir-fry shrimps until they change color and are crisp on the outside, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute.
2) Pour in remaining sesame oil, soy sauce and rice wine. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in sugar then basil. Simmer for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat. Serve with rice or rice noodles.