Pork Tenderloin with Rice
* 1 tbsp brown sugar
* 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
* 1 ½ tsp sea salt
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1 tsp ground coriander
* 1 tsp dried thyme
* 1 tsp Spanish paprika
* 450 grams whole pork tenderloin
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 ½ cups red rice, uncooked
* ½ cup black beans, dried
* 1 cob corn, husked
* 1 tbsp butter, softened
* 1 medium green bell pepper, cored and diced
* ½ tsp ground cumin
* ½ tsp chili powder
* juice from half a lemon
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* ½ cup parsley, chopped
1) Make the blackened pork tenderloin: Pre-heat oven to 450˚F. Combine all seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
2) Pat tenderloin dry with paper towels. Rub seasoning mix all over pork.
3) Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat until almost smoking. Sear tenderloin on all sides until browned.
4) Transfer to a baking tray and roast for 15 to 30 minutes in the oven. Rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Set aside.
5) Make the red rice and black bean salad. Cook red rice in 2 ½ cups water; set aside.
6) In another pot, cook black beans in 2 cups water for 40 minutes. Drain and set aside.
7) Brush corn with butter. Grill for about 6 to 8 minutes or until done and slightly charred. Slice off kernels from the cob.
8) Toss together red rice, black beans, corn, bell peppers, cumin and chili powder. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil; toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle parsley and toss to mix well.
9) Serve rice salad with sliced tenderloin. Serve warm, chilled or at room temperature.