Sautéed Pork and Eggplant
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 medium white onion, chopped
* 4 bird’s eye chilies (siling labuyo), chopped
* 250 grams ground pork
* 1 tsp lemongrass, minced
* 1 tsp ginger, grated
* 1 tsp fish sauce
* 1 tbsp soy sauce
* 1 tbsp brown sugar
* 1 tbsp oyster sauce
* 2 medium eggplants, sliced into 2-inch pieces
* 1 cup thai basil leaves
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic , onions and chilies until fragrant. Add pork and cook until browned. Stir to separate clumps.
2) Add lemongrass, ginger, fish sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar. Stir to combine and cook for a few minutes. Add 1/3 cup water, oyster sauce and eggplants. Cover pan and cook until eggplant is soft.
3) Add basil leaves. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper; stir to combine. Serve immediately with steamed rice.