Grilled Radicchio Salad
* 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
* ¼ cup red wine vinegar
* 1 to 2 tbsp honey
* sea salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* 1 red onion, sliced thinly
* 1 (650-gram) head radicchio, sliced into ½-inch thick pieces
* olive oil (to brush)
* ½ cup feta cheese , crumbled
1) Make the dressing: Combine all ingredients (except onions) in a bowl; whisk until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add onions. Allow to rest for at least 30 minutes before using to allow flavors to meld.
2) Pre-heat a charcoal grill, electric grill or grill pan over medium heat. Brush both sides of the radicchio slice with olive oil. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until tender. (Note: Grilling time will depend on your grill; watch the radicchio carefully so it does not burn.) Immediately slice into 1/3-inch thick pieces. Toss into dressing (don’t worry if radicchio falls apart.) Allow to cool slightly.
3) Place on a serving plate and sprinkle crumbled feta cheese on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.