* 500 grams chicken, use skinless chicken thigh fillets
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 medium white onion, chopped
* 1 can chickpeas (garbanzos), use 420 gram can, drained and rinsed
* 1/3 cup fresh calamansi juice
* 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, packed
* cayenne pepper
1) Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2) Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onions until fragrant. Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes. Flip to cook the other side.
3) Add chickpeas and calamansi juice. Cover pan and cook for 5 minutes.
4) Add spinach and cook until wilted. Adjust seasoning. Sprinkle with cayenne and pepper.