Fish and Potato Curry
* 3 tbsp vegetable oil
* 3 tbsp white onions, chopped
* 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
* 2 tbsp curry powder
* 1 tsp ground turmeric
* 1 ¼ cups coconut milk
* 2 cups cauliflower florets, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 cup potatoes, sliced into 1-inch cubes
* 10 pieces curry leaves
* 400 grams white fish fillets (use halibut) , sliced into 1-inch pieces
* sea salt
* fish sauce (patis)
* steamed rice (to serve)
1) Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Saute onions and garlic until soft. Add curry powder and turmeric; cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
2) Turn heat to medium high. Pour in coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add vegetables and curry leaves. Lower heat to medium and simmer for 8 minutes.
3) Add fish and cook for 2 more minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and fish sauce. Serve immediately with rice.