Kale Pesto Pasta
* 1 large zucchini, julienned into 2-inch lengths
* ½ tsp sea salt
* 1 ½ cups fresh spinach leaves, packed, sliced thinly
* 2 cups kale, packed
* ½ cup basil, packed
* 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
* ½ cup almond flakes, lightly toasted in a pan and cooled
* 6 cloves garlic, roasted and cooled
* ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
* sea salt (to taste)
* 1 tbsp sea salt
* 250 grams spaghetti
* 12 large leaves fresh basil, sliced thinly
1) Place zucchini in a colander and sprinkle evenly with salt. Drain for about 10 minutes. Lightly squeeze zucchini to remove excess water.
2) Toss spinach into zucchini.
3) Make the kale pesto: Process all ingredients in a food processor until finely ground and well combined. Season to taste with salt. Set aside.
4) Bring 4 cups of water in a large stockpot to a boil over medium high heat. Add sea salt and cook pasta according to package directions. Remove pasta from water and immediately toss in drained vegetables and kale pesto. Add ¼ to 1/3 cup hot pasta water to loosen sauce.
5) Toss with basil and serve hot.