Black Sesame and Soy Milk Pudding
* 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin powder
* ¼ cup unsweetened black sesame paste, available in Asian Specialty food stores
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1 ¼ cup soy milk
* ½ tsp ginger juice
* 1/3 cup whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks
1) Sprinkle gelatin powder over 2 tablespoons water in a bowl. Set aside.
2) Whisk together sesame paste and sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk in soy milk, a little at a time, then add ginger juice.
3) Melt gelatin in a double boiler over simmering water until completely dissolved. Add to soy milk mixture and stir.
4) Set bowl with soy milk mixture in a large bowl with iced water. Fold whipped cream into soy milk mixture. Stir slowly until mixture thickens slightly.
5) Pour into cups and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.