Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie
* ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
* 2/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
* 1 large egg
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 2 tbsp cornstarch
* ½ tsp salt
* 1 ½ cups oat flour
* 1 cup all purpose flour
* 1 cup dark chocolate chips
1) Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl (Note: Alternatively , you can do this by using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
2) Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract ; stir to combine. Add baking soda, cornstarch, salt and flours; mix until dough comes together.
3) Fold in chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
4) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
5) Scoop out dough using a small ice cream scooper and place on prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 1 ½ inches apart.
6) Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking to ensure even cooking. Let cool completely on baking sheets before serving.