Inihaw na Pinoy Paella
* 20 pieces calamansi, juice only
* 1 cup soy sauce
* 4 bulbs lemongrass (tanglad), pounded
* 3 tbsp garlic, minced
* 1 cup achuete oil (annatto oil)
* ½ cup brown sugar
* ½ cup vinegar
* 1 cup clear soda (use Sprite)
* 500 grams pork , or liempo, sliced into 3-inch pieces
* 500 grams pork (use pork chop), sliced into 3-inch pieces
* 500 grams chicken , thighs and breasts, cut into 3-inch pieces
* 1 kilo squid (posit), cleaned and sliced into rings
* 500 grams prawns (sugpo), cleaned
* 3 tbsp achuete oil (annatto oil)
* calamansi juice
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 2 tbsp chives, chopped
* 2 red finger chilies (siling haba)
* 3 tbsp vinegar
* 3 tsp sugar
* 1 cup olive oil
* 2 tbsp garlic, minced
* 3 small white onions, chopped
* 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
* 5 cups Spanish bomba rice, or calrose rice
* ½ cup tomato sauce
* 5 to 7 cups chicken stock
* ¼ cup dry white wine (optional)
* paella seasoning (to taste)
* 1 tsp Italian seasoning
* 2 cubes chicken bouillon cube, crushed
* 1 tsp Spanish paprika (pimenton)
* 2 tsp liquid seasoning (optional)
* 2 tsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
* salt (to taste)
* black pepper (to taste)
* 250 grams mussel, cleaned and steamed
* 250 grams clams, cleaned and steamed
* 6 pieces baby corn, sliced in half
* 2 lemons, sliced into wedges
* 2 salted egg (itlog na maalat), peeled and sliced into wedges
* 1 (8-ounce) can pimiento, sliced into strips
* 12 pieces chicharon
* 12 cherry tomatoes, sautéed
1) Make the marinade: Mix all ingredients. Marinate pork, chicken, squid and prawns in separate bowls, covered, in the refrigerator overnight.
2) Make the sauce: Combine all ingredients. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside.
3) Drain marinade from pork, chicken, squid and prawns; set chicken and seafood aside. Take half of the pork belly , chop into small cubes and set aside. Grill remaining pork, chicken and seafood over charcoal until half-cooked. Set aside.
4) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
5) Heat oil in a 16-inch paella pan. Saute the garlic, onions and tomatoes until tender, about 2 minutes. Add chopped pork belly and fry until golden.
6) Add rice and mix; cook for 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce, stock, wine, seasonings and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7) Cook rice with grilled meat. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
8) Remove foil and top rice with mussels, clams, squid, prawns and baby corn. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
9) When rice is almost tender, remove from oven. Allow to rest, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove foil and top with lemons, red eggs, pimiento, chicharon and cherry tomatoes right before serving. Serve with hot sauce on the side.