Seared Sesame Tuna Salad
* ¼ cup soy sauce
* 1 tsp wasabi paste
* 1 tsp sesame oil
* ½ cup rice wine vinegar
* 1 tbsp brown sugar
* 1 tuna steak, about 500 grams
* freshly cracked black pepper
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 bag mixed salad greens
* crispy garlic chips (optional)
* black sesame seeds (optional)
1) Make the dressing: Whisk together soy sauce, wasabi paste, sesame oil , rice wine vinegar and brown sugar until well combined.
2) Season tuna steak with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Heat vegetable oil until it begins to simmer.
3) Cool for 5 minutes then slice into ½-inch thick pieces. Toss together 1 bag mixed salad greens and prepared dressing. Top with crispy garlic, if desired.