Puffed Rice Bars
* 1 ½ cups white rice, cooked and cooled overnight
* ½ cup sunflower seeds, raw
* ½ cup almonds, chopped coarsely
* 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
* vegetable oil (to deep fry)
* 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
* ½ cup honey
* ¼ cup peanut butter, creamy
* ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* ½ cup coconut flakes, unsweetened, shredded
* 3 tbsp chia seeds
1) Pre-heat oven to 275˚-300˚F. Line a baking sheet and an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
2) Spread rice on prepared baking sheet. Bake until dry, about 2 hours. (Note: You can switch off the oven and leave the rice inside to dry further.)
3) Toast sunflower seeds, almonds and sesame seeds in a dry pan over medium-low heat. Transfer to a large bowl.
4) Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Deep fry dried rice until puffed. Drain on paper towels. Add rice to sunflower seed mixture.
5) Mix together coconut oil, honey and peanut butter in a saucepan over medium low heat until warm. Add to rice mixture and mix well.
6) Add chocolate chips, coconut flakes and chia seeds; mix well.
7) Spread mixture on prepared square pan and press down firmly. Chill for 2 hours before cutting into bars. Serve chilled.