Chicken Teriyaki Rice
* 1 kilo chicken, use thighs, deboned with skin-on
* 1/3 cup Japanese mirin
* 2 tbsp soy sauce
* 1 tbsp white sugar
* cooked white rice
* sesame seeds , for garnish (optional)
1) Lightly season both sides of the chicken thighs with a little salt. Add soy sauce, mirin and sugar in the bowl and marinate for 30 minutes.
2) In the meantime, heat a non-stick skillet over high heat. Pan-fry the chicken thighs (skin-side down first) until both sides are nicely browned and cooked through. The skin should be pan-fried to a crackly crispy texture.
3) Add the teriyaki sauce over the chicken and let simmer for 5 minutes. Garnish with some sesame seeds. Serve immediately with steamed rice.