Creamy Potato Malunggay Soup
* ¼ cup butter
* ¼ cup garlic, chopped
* 1/3 cup onion, chopped
* 1 cup ham, diced
* ½ cup chorizo de bilbao, sliced
* 4 cups water
* 1 pc pork broth cube
* 2 cups potato, cubed
* 1/3 cup celery, chopped
* 1 cup malunggay leaves
* 1 cup quick melt cheese, grated
* 1 pack Alaska Crema All Purpose Cream
* 1 tbsp all purpose white flour
* salt (to taste)
* pepper (to taste)
1) In a medium pot over medium heat, melt butter.
2) Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is translucent and garlic is golden brown. Add ham and chorizo and continue sautéing.
3) Add ham and chorizo and continue sautéing. Sprinkle in flour. Stir to coat.
4) Pour in the water and add pork broth cube. Simmer.
5) Add potato. Bring to a boil then simmer until tender. Add celery and cheese. Stir until cheese has melted.
6) Pour in Alaska Crema. Season with salt and pepper. Add malunggay. Mix well and bring back to a simmer. Serve hot.