Cookie Dough Truffles
* 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil
* 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
* ¼ tsp sea salt
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 4 tsp soy milk, unflavored
* ¾ cup whole wheat flour
* 3 tbsp chocolate chips, mini, dairy-free
* 150 grams dark chocolate, dairy-free, chopped
1) Combine oil, sugar, salt, vanilla and soy milk in a mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in flour and chocolate chips; mix until well combined.
2) Scoop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough and roll into 1-inch balls. Place on a parchment paper-lined tray and freeze for 5 to 10 minutes.
3) Place chopped chocolate in a clean, dry heatproof bowl and place bowl on top of a small saucepan of water over low heat, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Stir chocolate until melted. (Note: You can also microwave the chocolate in 15 to 20 second bursts until melted, stirring between intervals.) Cool to room temperature.
4) Transfer melted chocolate to a glass bowl. Using two forks, dip dough balls in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on the lined tray.
5) Refrigerate truffles until set, at least 10 minutes, before serving. (Note: The truffles will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week, or in the freezer for 2 to 3 months.)