Warm Mushroom Salad
* 2 tsp miso paste
* 2 tbsp ginger, grated
* 6 tbsp calamansi juice
* 4 tbsp sugar
* 1 tsp salt
* ½ tsp black pepper
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 500 grams fresh button mushrooms, sliced
* 500 grams fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
* 4 green apple, cored and sliced thinly
* 4 stalks celery, chopped
* 3 medium bell pepper, sliced thinly
* 2 medium white onion, sliced thinly
* chicharon, crushed
* romaine lettuce (to serve)
1) Make the miso-ginger dressing: Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Let it sit for 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
2) Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms for 5 to 10 minutes Add apples, celery, bell peppers and onions. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3) Pour dressing over mushroom mixture and toss to combine. Top with chicharon. Serve with lettuce leaves, if desired.