Garlic Chicken Pasta
* 1 tbsp canola oil
* 4 tbsp butter
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 250 grams chicken, sliced into bite-sized pieces
* salt (to taste)
* black pepper (to taste)
* 1 small lemon, juice only
* 2 tbsp dried basil leaves
* ¼ cup chicken stock, or dry white wine
* 250 grams linguine noodles, cooked according to package directions (reserve 1 cup pasta water)
* lemon (to serve)
1) Heat oil and butter in a large pan over medium heat . Sauté garlic until fragrant. Add chicken. Season with salt and pepper, then cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
2) Add lemon juice and basil; mix well. Add stock or white wine and allow to reduce to half.
3) Add cooked pasta and toss. If pasta is too dry, add reserved pasta water, ¼ cup at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.