Breaded Italian Meatballs
* 250 grams beef (use ground beef)
* 250 grams pork (use ground pork)
* ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
* ¼ cup breadcrumbs
* 1 large egg, beaten
* 1 tbsp milk
* 1 tbsp dried parsley
* salt (to taste)
* black pepper (to taste)
* ¾ cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
* vegetable oil (for frying)
1) Mix together ground beef, ground pork, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, egg, milk and dried parsley in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2) Place egg, all purpose flour seasoned with salt and pepper and Japanese breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls. Shape meat mixture into 1-inch balls, about 1 tablespoon each, then coat balls in flour, dip in egg and cover with breadcrumbs.
3) Heat 3 inches vegetable oil in a medium heavy-bottomed pan until it registers 375◦F on a deep fry thermometer. Deep fry meatballs for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown; drain. Serve immediately with marinara sauce.