* 500 grams ground beef
* ½ cup mayonnaise
* 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
* vegetable oil (for frying)
* 12 slices cheddar cheese
* 12 dinner rolls
1) Evenly divide ground beef into golf ball-sized pieces. Shape balls into ½-inch thick wide patties. Make an indentation in the middle of each with a finger to help the patties keep their shape as they cook. Set aside.
2) Mix together mayonnaise and tomato ketchup; set aside.
3) Heat a large skillet or griddle pan brushed with vegetable oil over medium high heat until smoking hot. Season both sides of burger patties with salt and pepper. Fry patties with salt for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until they reach your desired doneness.
4) Top each with cheddar cheese while still warm. Prepare dinner rolls: Top bottom halves with mayo mixture before adding patties. Top with remaining halves.