Barbecued Teriyaki Shrimps
* 1 cup water
* ¼ cup soy sauce
* 5 tbsp packed brown sugar
* 1 to 2 tbsp honey
* ½ tsp ginger, ground
* ¼ tsp garlic powder
* 2 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in ¼ cup cold water
* ½ kilo large shrimps, peeled and de-veined
1) Make the teriyaki sauce: Mix all ingredients except dissolved cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
2) Add dissolved cornstarch and cook until sauce thickens. Set aside and let cool.
3) Thread shrimps onto barbecue sticks or metal skewers. Divide teriyaki sauce into two bowls. Baste raw shrimp with half of the teriyaki sauce.
4) Prepare a charcoal grill or grill pan. Grill shrimp just until it turns pink. Baste with remaining teriyaki sauce before serving. Serve hot.