Caramelized Onion and Bacon Cheese Dip
* ¼ cup canola oil (or vegetable oil)
* 3 medium white onions, sliced thinly
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 tbsp white vinegar
* 4 pieces bacon (use bacon strips), chopped
* 100 grams feta cheese, softened
* 1 cup sour cream
1) Make the caramelized onions: Heat oil in a pan over low heat. Add onions and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and deep golden in color, about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Add water, if needed. Add vinegar at the last minute of cooking. Let cool.
2) In another pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp and fat is rendered. Set aside.
3) Mix together caramelized onions, bacon, feta and sour cream in a bowl. Season with salt.