Garlic Beef Ribs
* ½ cup soy sauce
* 1 bird’s eye chili (siling labuyo), sliced, plus extra to serve
* 4 cloves garlic, 3 crushed and 1 minced
* 500 grams beef short ribs
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* ½ cup cornstarch, seasoned with salt and pepper
* 3 tbsp canola oil
1) Combine 4 cups water, soy sauce, chilies, crushed garlic and beef in a pot. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
2) Remove beef from pot and let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Pat dry.
3) Season beef with salt and pepper. Dredge in seasoned cornstarch.
4) Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Fry beef for about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until desired crispiness is achieved. Remove beef from pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
5) Minced garlic and extra chilies in the same pan. Sprinkle on top of beef.