Chorizo Cheese Paella
* ½ cup olive oil, divided
* 2 tbsp garlic, minced
* 150 grams sausage (use chistorra sausage , casings removed and crumbled)
* 2 chorizo pamplona , sliced into rounds
* 1 can chorizo bilbao (210 gram-can), sliced into rounds
* 2 medium white onions, chopped
* 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
* 500 grams chicken (use chicken breast fillets), cubed
* 3 cups calrose rice, or Spanish Bomba rice
* 2 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
* 2 tsp spanish paprika
* 2 tsp paella seasoning (use Paellero)
* 1 tsp Italian seasoning
* 2 tsp fresh basil, chopped
* 6 cups chicken stock
* ½ cup dry white wine
* 1 can pimiento (8-ounce can), sliced into strips
* 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated, plus 50 grams sliced into strips
* 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
* 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
* fried basil leaves (optional)
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
2) Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a 16-inch paella pan. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add sausage and chorizo and fry in batches (one type per batch) . Set aside.
3) In the same pan, heat remaining oil. Saute onions and tomatoes until tender.
4) Add chicken and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
5) Add rice, seasonings and basil. Mix well.
6) Add chorizo mixture, stock and wine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Boil for 3 minutes. Cover with foil and bake in the pre-heated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
7) When rice is almost tender, remove foil. Top with pimiento, grated cheese and parsley. Bake for 3 more minutes.
8) Remove from the oven and top with cheese strips. Allow to rest, covered, for 10 minutes. Top with lemons and fried basil leaves. Serve hot.