Honey Ginger Pork and Chorizo Rice
* 250 grams pork shoulder (kasim) , sliced into strips
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* ½ cup cornstarch , seasoned with salt and pepper
* 2 tbsp canola oil
* 1 small knob ginger, sliced thinly
* 1 tbsp sesame oil
* 1 to 2 tbsp honey
* 1 chinese chorizo, sliced thinly on the diagonal
* ¼ cup white onions
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 2 cups rice, day-oil
* 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
* parsley, chopped (to garnish)
1) Make the honey-ginger pork: Season pork with salt and pepper. Dredge in seasoned cornstarch.
2) Heat canola oil in a pan over high heat. Fry pork until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
3) In the same pan, sauté ginger with sesame oil for 30 seconds. Add honey and cooked pork; mix well. Remove from heat and keep warm.
4) Make the chorizo fried rice: Render fat from chorizo in a pan over medium heat. Saute onions until translucent. Add garlic and rice; mix well. Add eggs and mix to combine thoroughly. Season with salt.
5) Place rice in bowls, top with pork and garnish with parsley, if desired.