Crispy Roast Pork Belly
* 3 kilo slab boneless pork belly
* 1 medium red onion, quartered
* 1 bay leaf
* 10 black peppercorns, crushed
* 5 liters pork stock, or water
1) Pork to fit snuggly in a large pot. Add onions, bay leaf and peppercorns. Cover with stock or water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 1 hour. Drain and let pork rest for 1 to 2 hours.
2) Prick skin all over with a fork or metal skewer. Wipe excess oil from the surface.
3) Place pork on a baking dish. If desired, rub with chosen spices and flavorings, cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator overnight. You can also proceed to roast the pork as is.
4) Pre-heat oven to 450◦F.
5) Roast pork in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. Lower heat to 375◦F and continue cooking for 3 hours. The pork is done when skin is golden and has a hollow sound when tapped. Let pork rest for at least 30 minutes before carving.