Spicy Soba Noodles
* 1/3 cup soy sauce
* ¼ cup brown sugar
* 2 tbsp molasses
* 4 tbsp sesame oil
* 4 tbsp tahini
* 1/3 cup chili oil
* 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* 500 grams buckwheat noodles (soba)
* 2 cups leeks, sliced thinly, white and light green parts only
* 2 cups carrots, shredded
* sesame seeds, toasted (for garnish)
1) Heat soy sauce in a saucepan. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil. Lower heat and stir in molasses. Stir for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl then mix in sesame oil, tahini, chili oil and vinegar. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
2) Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add buckwheat noodles and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until lightly soft, about 3 minutes. Plunge noodles in ice cold water and drain. Place in a coriander and rinse under cold running water.
3) Combine noodles, sauce, leeks and carrots. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.