Shrimp and Scallop Salad Sub
* ½ kilo fresh scallops, shelled
* ¾ kilo medium white shrimp, shelled and de-veined
* 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
* ¾ cup mayonnaise
* 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
* juice from half a lemon
* 6 pieces ciabatta bread, sliced and buttered lightly
* 4 cups water
* 2 cups dry white wine
* 1 medium carrot, sliced thinly
* 1 white onion, cubed
* 2 stalks celery, cubed
* 3 stalks dill, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 tsp salt
* ½ tsp pepper
1) To poach scallops and shrimps, combine all ingredients for court bouillon in a small stockpot and bring to a slow simmer. In small batches (one ladleful at a time), poach shrimps and scoop out once their color has changed. Immediately dip in iced water. Drain cooked shrimps in a colander. Repeat until all shrimps are cooked. Do the same with scallops, taking them out once their color turns milky white.
2) Assemble the salad: Roughly chop scallops and shrimps and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the diced cucumber, mayonnaise and mustard and gently toss. Add lemon juice and pepper to taste.
3) Assemble the subs: Scoop 3 to 4 tablespoons of the salad into each bread slice. Spread the filling evenly and assemble on a plate. Repeat with remaining bread and salad.