Salted Egg Shrimp
* 500 grams shrimp , medium sized, peeled and de-veined, with tails left on
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* 3 tbsp canola oil
* ½ cup cornstarch, seasoned with salt and pepper
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tbsp butter
* 4 salted egg yolks, mashed
* chili leaves, fried (to garnish)
1) Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
2) Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
3) Dredge shrimp in cornstarch then fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
4) In the same pan, sauté garlic in butter. Add salted egg yolks; mix well.
5) Add cooked shrimp and toss to coat. Cook for 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley or fried chili leaves, if desired.