Honey Hoisin Shrimp
* ¼ cup hoisin sauce
* 1 tbsp soy sauce
* 2 tbsp honey
* 1 tsp sesame oil
* 1 tbsp mirin
* 1 clove garlic, minced finely
* 500 grams shrimp, peeled and de-veined
* 2 tbsp cornstarch
* 1/8 tsp white pepper
* canola oil (to fry)
* togarashi powder (to garnish)
* sesame seeds (to garnish)
* chopped green onions (to garnish)
1) Mix hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin and garlic in a bowl. Set aside.
2) Pat dry shrimp with paper towels. In another bowl, toss shrimp with cornstarch and white pepper.
3) Heat oil in a wok over medium high heat. Fry shrimp until color changes to orange, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
4) In the same wok, add hoisin mixture and bring to a quick boil. Add shrimp and toss until completely coated.
5) Transfer shrimp to a serving plate. Sprinkle with togarashi, sesame seeds and green onions.