* ½ cup butter, melted
* 1 cup light brown sugar
* 1 large egg
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* ¼ tsp salt
* 1 cup all purpose flour
* ½ cup butterscotch chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips
* ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
* ½ cup salted pretzels, broken
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
2) Grease and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang for easy lifting.
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar on medium speed until smooth.
4) Add egg, vanilla and salt; Mix for 30 seconds or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5) Turn speed to low then add flour; mix just until combined.
6) Fold in butterscotch chips, walnuts and pretzels, reserving a third of each for topping.
7) Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle reserved toppings; press down slightly. Bake for 10 to 15 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool in pan before slicing.