Spaghetti a la Carbonara
* 1 tbsp salt
* 1 whole egg
* 1 egg yolk
* ½ cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese, plus extra for garnish
* 1 tsp ground black pepper
* ½ cup pancetta or bacon, diced
* 500 grams spaghetti
* freshly cracked black pepper
* pecorino romano cheese
1) Bring a pot of water to a boil. When boiling, add salt.
2) In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg, egg yolk, Parmesan, and pepper for 3 to 4 minutes or until thick and creamy.
3) In a medium sauté pan, render the pancetta or bacon until crispy. Remove pancetta from pan and place on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
4) Add pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente. Strain the pasta but do not rinse. Add the hot pasta to the bowl with the egg mixture.
5) Fold the egg mixture and pasta together for 30 seconds.
6) Fold pancetta into the pasta. Garnish with grated cheese and extra black pepper. Serve at once.