Crepes with Roasted Strawberries
* 4 large eggs
* 1 cup fresh milk (or almond milk)
* 2 tsp coconut sugar
* 1 tbsp coconut oil (or melted butter, plus extra to cook)
* ½ tsp sea salt
* ½ cup buckwheat flour, available at Healthy Options
* 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
* 1 tbsp honey
* 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
* 1 bar cream cheese (around 227 grams), softened
* ½ cup sugar
* chocolate syrup (to drizzle)
1) Make the buckwheat crepes: Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Add milk coconut sugar, oil or butter and salt ; mix well. Add buckwheat flour and whisk until just combined. (Note: You can use the mixture immediately and let it stand for 3 hours to allow flavors to melt.) Mix the batter before cooking as the flour will settle to the bottom.
2) Heat a 10-inch non stick pan over medium low heat. Brush or drizzle with a bit of butter or oil. Pour in ¼ to 1/3 cup batter. Tilt pan in a circular motion so the batter covers the entire surface of the pan. Cook for about 1 minute. When edges are golden brown, run a spatula under the crepe and flip it over; cook the other side for 30 seconds then transfer to a plate. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
3) Make the roasted strawberries: Pre-heat oven to 375◦F. Mix all ingredients in a baking pan. Roast in the oven until strawberries are soft and syrup bubbles, about 20 minutes. Set aside until ready to serve.
4) Make the cream cheese: Beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread each crepe with 2 to 3 tablespoons cream cheese then fold into quarters. Top with roasted strawberries and more cream cheese. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.