Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta
* 4 tbsp olive oil
* 2 tbsp garlic, chopped
* 300 grams shrimp, large , peeled and de-veined, with tails left on
* 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, washed and sliced diagonally into 1 – to 1 ½ inch pieces
* ¾ cup whipping cream
* ¼ cup lemon juice , freshly squeezed
* 250 grams linguine, cooked according to package directions
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* lemon zest, from 2 lemons, soaked in ice cold water
* lemon wedges (to serve)
1) Heat oil in a large pan over medium-low heat. Sauté garlic until soft. Add shrimps and asparagus. Cook until shrimps become opaque, about 5 to 7 minutes.
2) Add cream, lemon juice and pasta. Add about ½ cup reserved pasta water if mixture is too dry. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Drain lemon zest and add to pasta; stir well. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.