Meatballs in a Coconut Red Curry
* 500 grams pork, use ground pork (350 grams lean pork, 150 grams regular ground pork)
* ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
* 1 large egg, beaten
* 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, finely ground
* ½ tsp salt
* ½ tsp black pepper
* vegetable oil (to fry)
* 3 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 small white onion, chopped
* 1 pc ginger (1-inch), peeled and sliced thinly
* 2 tbsp store bought thai-curry paste
* 1 cup canned coconut milk
* 2 tbsp parsley , finely chopped
* ¼ cup canned coconut cream
1) Make the meatballs: Combine ground pork, fresh parsley, breadcrumbs, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Mix lightly using your hands. Take 2 tablespoons of the mixture; form into a ball. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
2) Heat a ½-inch vegetable oil in a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Fry meatballs until partially cooked, about 1 minute per side. Drain on paper towels, cover and set aside.
3) Make the curry sauce: Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté onions and ginger. Add curry paste and stir until fragrant.
4) Add coconut milk and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer. Add meatballs and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
5) Add parsley and coconut cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.