Baked Mac Cups
* 4 tbsp unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing pan
* 2 tbsp all purpose flour
* 2 cups whole milk
* 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
* black pepper, freshly ground
* 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
* 1/3 cup bread crumbs
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F (175˚C) .
2) Grease a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
3) In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, olive oil and salt. Set aside.
4) Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in the saucepan over moderate heat.
5) Add the flour and cook, stirring until smooth, for 1 minute.
6) Add the milk and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
7) Add the cheese and stir until it’s melted and the sauce is completely smooth. Keep the sauce warm over very low heat.
8) Add the pasta to the cheese sauce and stir to coat completely. Divide the macaroni and cheese evenly among the muffin cups.
9) Bake until golden and bubbling, about 15 minutes. Let the macaroni cool in the cups for 5 to 10 minutes before removing them and serving.