* ¾ cup butter, at room temperature
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 large eggs
* 1 ½ tbsp ground espresso, or dark roast instant coffee
* 2 tbsp warm water
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
* 2/3 cup all purpose flour
* 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
* ¼ tsp salt
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
2) Grease and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang for an easy lifting.
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
4) Add vanilla and eggs. Whisk on high speed for about 5 minutes.
5) Mix espresso and warm water in a small bowl. Add to batter and mix on medium speed until combined. Add melted chocolate and mix just until combined.
6) Whisk together flour, cocoa powder and salt in another bowl. Turn speed to low then add flour mixture to the batter; mix just until combined. Do not over-mix.
7) Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool in a pan to allow to set before slicing.