Chocolate Fruit Parfait
* 1 cup low fat milk
* 2 tsp calamansi juice, or lemon juice
* ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* ½ cup rolled oats
* ¾ cup coconut sugar
* 1 medium egg
* 1 tsp baking powder
* ½ tsp salt
* ¼ cup water, boiling hot
* 1 tsp unflavored gelatin powder
* 2 ¼ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
* 2 medium eggs, separated
* 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
* 2 bananas, sliced into half-moons
* 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced into half-moons
* 4 tbsp blueberries, fresh or frozen
1) Make the brownies: Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2) Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
3) Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool in pan then cut into 16 squares. Reserve 6 brownies and store remaining pieces.
4) Make the light chocolate mousse: Whisk water and gelatin in a small bowl until gelatin dissolves. Stir in cocoa powder. Let cool.
5) Whisk egg whites and cream of tartar in another bowl until light, about 1 minute. Pour gelatin mixture and whisk until thick and glossy.
6) Beat egg yolks in another bowl until light, about 1 minute. Pour gelatin mixture into egg yolks and whisk until well-combined. Fold in egg white mixture with a rubber spatula.