Coconut Squash Soup
* 500 grams squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
* olive oil (to sauté)
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* 4 stalks lemongrass, washed and sliced in half lengthwise
* 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
* 1 (400 mL) can coconut milk
* 2 tbsp shallots, finely chopped
* 1 cup chicken stock
* 1 (200 mL) pack coconut cream, plus extra to serve
* fish sauce (to taste)
* croutons (to serve)
1) Pre-heat oven to 375˚F.
2) Combine squash, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking pan in one layer. Roast until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside.
3) Return liquid to the pot over medium high heat. Add shallots and simmer until translucent, about 10 minutes.
4) Add squash and chicken stock. Puree mixture in a blender until smooth. Return to pot and stir in coconut cream. Season with salt, pepper and fish sauce.
5) Divide soup among bowls. Top with coconut cream and croutons. Serve immediately.