Apple Zucchini Bread
* 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
* 2 tbsp rolled oats
* 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
* 1 tbsp coconut sugar
* 1 tbsp butter, cold, cubed
* 2 tsp chia seeds (optional)
* 2/3 cup all purpose flour
* ¼ tsp salt
* ¼ tsp baking soda
* ¼ plus 1/8 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 large egg
* ¼ cup butter, melted, plus extra to grease
* ¾ cup sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 3 tbsp plain yogurt
* ½ cup zucchini, grated , unpeeled
* ½ cup granny smith apples, peeled and grated
1) Make the streusel: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Rub mixture with your hands until pea-sized crumbs form. Set aside in the refrigerator.
2) Make the loaf: Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Grease an 8×4-inch loaf pan with butter.
3) Sift together all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon into a medium bowl. Add whole wheat flour and gently mix together.
4) Beat egg in a large bowl. Add melted butter, sugar and vanilla; beat well. Add yogurt and mix.
5) Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and fold to combine. Fold in zucchini and apples.
6) Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle streusel on top.
7) Bake in the pre-heated oven until golden brown and the center of the loaf springs back when pressed, about 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan.
8) To store, cover in foil then wrap in plastic wrap. Keep refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen up to 3 months.