Kinunot Na Isda
* 500 grams tanigue
* 1 medium onion, sliced
* 4 cloves garlic, chopped, divided
* 4 pcs green finger chilies (siling pang sigang)
* 2 pcs bird’s eye chilies (siling labuyo)
* 1 cup malunggay, leaves only
* ½ cup vinegar
* ¼ tsp salt
* ¼ tsp ground black pepper
* ¼ cup water
* 1 press milk, from 1 coconut
1) In a medium sized saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Boil the tanigue and ginger for around 10 minutes. Let the tanigue cool and set aside.
2) Once the fish has cooled, remove the skin and crumble the meat into a bowl. Season with vinegar, salt, pepper and 2 cloves of the chopped garlic.
3) In a separate saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut milk and onion and stir for around 3 minutes.
4) Drain the tanigue and discard the vinegar mixture. Mix the tanigue pieces into the coconut milk mixture. Boil until it is almost dry, then add the malunggay leaves, green peppers, the first press of milk from 1 coconut and the bird’s eye chili. Boil this mixture until the liquid is reduced to half. Serve hot.