Sizzling Mushroom Sisig
* 600 grams assorted fresh mushrooms, chopped into ¼-inch pieces
* 50 grams dried shiitake mushrooms , rehydrate in warm water, drained and chopped
* 1 large white onion, finely chopped
* 3 tbsp soy sauce
* 2 tbsp liquid seasoning
* 5 calamansi, juiced
* ½ tsp salt
* 1 tsp pepper
* 3 pcs bay leaves
* ¼ butter or margarine
* bird’s eye chilies (optional)
1) Mix fresh and rehydrated mushrooms together in a bowl. Add onions, finger chilies, soy sauce, liquid seasoning, calamansi juice, salt, pepper and bay leaves.
2) Melt butter in a pan, then add the mushroom mixture.
3) Stir fry for about 3 to 5 minutes. Mix well to prevent the small bits from burning.
4) When ready to serve, add the mushroom mixture to a heated sizzling plate. Serve immediately while sizzling. Garnish with bird’s eye chilies, if desired.