No Bake Banana Cream Pie
* 1 (137 grams) pack chocolate sandwich cookies, filling removed and chopped thoroughly
* 1/3 cup butter, melted
* 1 cup peanut butter, at room temperature
* ½ cup heavy whipping cream, at room temperature
* 1 cup whipping cream, chilled well
* ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
* 4 lakatan bananas, sliced into rounds
* ¼ cup nuts, chopped, toasted or sugar glazed
* store bought caramel sauce (to drizzle)
1) Make the crust: Pulse cookies in a food processor until fine.
2) Transfer crumbs to a medium bowl. Add melted butter and mix well.
3) Line 6 cups of a regular muffin pan with cupcake liners. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons crumb mixture into each cup. Press mixture firmly on the bottom and up the sides of the cups using the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or freeze for 30 minutes.
4) Make the filling: Whisk peanut butter and cream over low heat until well combined. Cool for 10 minutes. Place the filling in a piping bag, if desired.
5) Make the whipped cream: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip cream on medium high-speed. Add confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and whip until stiff peaks form. Place a piping bag fitted with a large, plain tip.
6) Place 1 to 2 teaspoons peanut butter filling on the bottom of each cup. Add 2 to 3 banana slices, then top with whipped cream. Repeat to make another layer.
7) Garnish with nuts and drizzle with caramel sauce. Chill for 30 minutes.