Chocolate Chip Blondies
* ½ cup butter, melted
* ½ cup light brown sugar
* ½ cup sugar
* 1 large egg
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* ¼ cup milk
* 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
* ½ tsp baking powder
* ½ tsp salt
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* ¼ cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
2) Grease and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang for easy lifting.
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix melted butter and sugars on medium speed until smooth.
4) Add egg, vanilla and milk; mix for 30 seconds or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5) Mix flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl. Turn speed to low then add flour mixture to butter-sugar mixture; mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
6) Fold in chocolate chips.
7) Pour batter into prepared pan and drop spoonfuls of chocolate hazelnut spread on top. Swirl spread with the tip of a knife. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool in pan before slicing.