Sinigang na Salmon
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
* 2 medium red onions, chopped
* 3 tbsp garlic, chopped
* 1 thumb-sized ginger, chopped
* 3 native tomatoes, chopped
* ½ cup bottled tamarind pulp, or 1 small sachet sinigang na sampaloc mix
* 3 tbsp miso paste
* 500 grams salmon steaks
* 1 medium radish (labanos), sliced
* 5 green finger chilies (siling pang sigang), or to taste
* ½ cup cilantro, chopped, plus extra to garnish
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* fish sauce (to taste)
* 2 bunches mustard seeds (mustasa)
1) Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pot. Sauté onions, garlic and ginger just until fragrant.
2) Add tomatoes and sauté until soft. Add 4 to 5 cups water and simmer. Add remaining ingredients except mustard seeds. Simmer over low heat until fish is cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and fish sauce.
3) Once fish is almost cooked, add mustard seeds and cook for about 2 minutes. Top with more cilantro. Serve hot.