Coconut Ube Ice Cream
* ¾ cup purple yam (ube), peeled and diced
* 1 ½ cups coconut cream
* 1 tbsp cornstarch
* 6 tbsp honey
1) Freeze a medium stainless bowl for 1 hour.
2) Steam purple yam in a pre-heated for about 35 minutes or until very tender and easy to smash.
3) Place purple yam in a bowl and smash until smooth. Add coconut cream, cornstarch and honey; mix well.
4) Place mixture in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and allow to thicken, about 15 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
5) Transfer mixture to the frozen bowl, cover with plastic wrap and freeze. Mix every 30 minutes for about 2 hours to keep ice crystals from forming. Freeze overnight to set completely.
6) Remove ice cream from the freezer 10 to 15 minutes before serving.