* 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
* 1 clove garlic, chopped
* 1 small red onion, chopped
* 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
* 2 medium zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
* 6 medium tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
* 2 medium eggplants, sliced into thin rounds
* 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
* salt (to taste)
* ground black pepper (to taste)
* fresh thyme sprigs
1) Pre-heat oven to 375˚F.
2) Heat ½ tablespoon olive oil in a medium cast iron skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and onions until fragrant. Add bell peppers and cook until soft. Remove from heat. Set aside a tablespoon of the bell pepper mixture.
3) Arrange zucchini, tomato and eggplant rounds in the pan, alternating by color. Start from the outer edge and make your way to the center. Make sure to keep the vegetable slices upright.
4) Drizzle vegetables with remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle thyme leaves and reserved bell pepper mixture on top.
5) Bake ,covered with parchment paper, in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 10 minutes more.