Baked Chicken with Ginger-Scallion Sauce
* 2 tbsp soy sauce
* 1 tbsp mirin
* 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
* 1 tsp sesame oil
* 1 kilo chicken thighs, bone-in
* 1 (25 gram) pc ginger, peeled and sliced
* 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces, around ½ cup
* salt (to taste)
* ½ cup canola oil
* hot sauce (to serve)
1) Pre-heat oil to 350˚F.
2) Mix soy sauce, mirin, kecap manis and sesame oil thoroughly in a large bowl. Add chicken ; mix to coat all pieces evenly. Set aside.
3) Make the ginger-scallion sauce: Grate ginger and mince green onions finely then place in a bowl. Mix well. Season to taste with salt.
4) Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Pour hot oil over the ginger-green onion mixture until it bubbles up. Stir and set aside.
5) Place chicken and marinade on a baking dish. Bake until cooked through, about 45 minutes.
6) Top chicken with ginger scallion sauce. Serve with hot sauce on the side, if desired.