Salted Egg Chips
* 2 large potatoes, thinly sliced
* 8 salted duck egg yolks
* 3 tbsp butter
* 5 pcs bird’s eye chilies, sliced
* 1 cup basil leaves
1) In a large saucepan, heat oil for deep frying. Dip a wooden utensil into the oil to check the temperature. If the wooden utensil sizzles, it’s ready for frying.
2) Add basil leaves and cook until crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
3) Using the same oil, cook the potatoes until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
4) In another saucepan, sautè salted duck egg yolks until soft. Add butter and cook until melted.
5) Take the pan off the heat and toss the potato chips until well coated.