* 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
* 1/3 cup butter, melted
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* ½ cup butter
* 1 cup all purpose flour
* ½ tsp baking powder
* ½ tsp salt
* ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 ¼ cups sugar
* 3 large eggs
* mini marshmallows (to top)
1) Pre-heat oven to 300˚F. Grease and line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1 inch overhang for easy lifting.
2) Make the graham cracker crust: Mix all ingredients together and press onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes or until light brown in color. Let cool in pan.
3) Increase temperature to 350˚F.
4) Make the brownie layer: Melt chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl over a double boiler. (Note: You can also do this in the microwave in 15 second bursts, checking often to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn.) Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder in another bowl. Transfer melted chocolate mixture into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add sugar and beat on medium speed then add eggs one at a time. Turn speed to low then mix in flour mixture just until combined. Do not over mix.
5) Pour batter on top of prepared crust and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool in pan.