* 5 large egg yolks
* ½ cup sugar, divided
* 1/3 cup marsala wine, divided
* 500 grams mascarpone cheese
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1/3 cup espresso
* 2 tbsp sugar
* 2 tbsp dark rum
* 2 tbsp kahlua liqueur
* 1 tbsp vanilla extract
* 1 (450 gram) pack ladyfingers (broas), halved lengthwise
* 150 grams semi-sweet chocolate, grated
* 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened; sifted
1) Make the filling: Beat egg yolks and ¼ cup sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add half of the Marsala wine; stir. Place bowl on top of a double broiler over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
2) Remove from heat and add remaining wine; stir to blend completely. Set aside to cool, covered, in the refrigerator until well chilled , about 2 hours.
3) Beat mascarpone cheese in another bowl until fluffy. Add cooled egg mixture and stir until well combined. Set aside.
4) Beat heavy cream and remaining sugar until soft peaks form. Fold half of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture. Set half remaining aside for the topping.
5) Make the syrup: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
6) Layer ladyfingers, cut side up, on the bottom of a 9×3-inch dish or 8 single serve bowls. Brush lady fingers with syrup until coated and damp.
7) Spoon a layer of filling on top, covering the lady fingers completely. Top with grated chocolate. Repeat 2 more times, then top with remaining whipped cream.
8) Dust cocoa powder on top. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.